Tuesday, October 26, 2004

War...huh!!

War.
What is it good for?
Absolutely everything.

Smoke them out or better still, roast them. Believe me; you would love the meat of a smoked child. You think it’s inhuman? No, it is not. The child never had a life anyway. It is always better to taste good to someone than to live the life of a destitute. I do feel sorry sometimes. I never meant to kill the entire family. Honestly, I had nothing against them but who knows one of them might have been a terrorist or be one someday. The child would have certainly grown up to be one if I had left him alive. I am not sure if I saw innocence in his eyes. It’s not possible to look for such sentiments from up here with the smoke of my cigar all around me. I am not here to judge, I am but here to kill.

After all, this is not life. This is WAR.

It is not a child's play. It never was. It has to be fought and won at any cost that it might entail. I am here to decimate this country that my country has declared war upon. My job is easy. It helps not being on the hapless side. I just have to sit back in this fighter of mine which beeps whenever it sees enemies on ground and aims at them too. I just have to decide if the target has to be shot but nevertheless I almost always shoot. I know that the kid running with anti aircraft gun won’t be able to fire at me but still he makes for good target practice. If you can kill a kid you will surely not miss the grown up enemy.

There goes another bunch of these pesky kids. They invited death by standing huddled together. Let me see what they were up to; surely something hideous and against my country. Oops, I made a mistake. It was a school and those kids were praying. Surely the most stupid thing to do. How can you pray when a war is going on? You can only kill like I do. I can see signs of life down there. Probably someone is still alive. Darn! it will be all there in the news that schoolchildren got killed but I needn’t worry. My President will take care of it just as he did for other schools, hospitals, hotels and what not. He is really working hard justifying our fear of an unknown enemy and in an unknown land.

A spasm of unease takes over me. There is probably something wrong with the pressure inside the cabin. Yes, I am sure it’s not my conscience. It’s as clean as the landscape that I razed below. After all you don’t come to war armed with your conscience, you come armed with weapons.

Ten hours later, I get the news that I destroyed a school that was housing a considerable number of our enemies who were using schoolchildren as their shield. It also said how I tried to save the kids but could not. I was the hero of the moment. My President did it again and even better this time. Well, time to relax and savor the moment.

As I lay down, I feel that sharp spasm again. It’s not my conscience I’m sure.

All those who favour war,let that be your epitaph.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Testing

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home