Thursday, October 21, 2004

Marked Sheet

I have it in my hands
I look at it perplexed.
I know they gave such marks,
knowingly to get me vexed.

It tells all what I’m bad at.
It speaks of all that’s vice.
I wish that for just once
it also said I’m nice.

My low marks don’t bother me
for I never cared for them.
I do, but, care for people
who would want to know
but won't know about my teachers
or the person at the helm.

I remember the first time
that I faltered and for
no reason got a TAG.
I should have known at that time
that I was destined to lag.

I guess it’s all my fault
I was unbridled when they said”halt”.
I hated the sacred classroom,
I hated its confine.
I hated the whole system
because the mind, it could not refine.

Someone said “learn the system
and try to beat the odds”.
So I took the advise ,
for a battle had to be won.
Alas, I kept searching for the ‘system’
But failed to find one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home